The Project Team tab is different when comparing 2 environments.
There was a discrepancy in the allocation by a small decimal amount.
Why is there a difference and how can it be corrected?
Release : 15.9
Component : CA PPM SAAS APPLICATION
Check and compare the monthly availability
1. Run the following queries
a. select * from SRM_RESOURCES and obtain the internal resource id
b. select * from prj_blb_slices where slice_request_id = 7
and prj_object_id = <id found in step a>
2. Compare the results to find the discrepancy.
3. Is %Allocation entered?
If there are differences, check if the resource calendar is different.
Here is an example case study where the allocation was different from one environment to another.
In this example, it was found that the discrepancy was in the month of July.
176 hours vs 184 hours ( a difference of 8 hours)
Since the % Allocation is 2%, then 2% of 8 hours = 0.16
30.72 - 30.56 = 0.16
Make a change in the resource availability by resetting it. This will cause a correction reslice.
1. Go to Home > Resources > select the resource
2. For the availability field, change the value momentarily from 8.00 to 8.01. Save.
3. Change it back from 8.01 to 8.00. Save.
4. Wait for the next Time Slicing job instance to run and complete.
Check if the allocations get corrected on the project.