Installing the DSM Reporter on a standalone machine
Article ID: 20362
CA Client Automation - IT Client Manager
CA Client Automation
This document outlines the procedure to install the DSM Reporter on a remote machine.
Client Automation - All versions
The first thing you need to check is the version of MS SQL server or Oracle server you are using. SQL Client Tools/Oracle Client must be installed first in order to connect to the MDB.
SQL Client Tools/Oracle Client can be downloaded from their respective website.
- From the ITCM 12.5 SP1 DVD1, run setup.exe . Then select the language you want to use to install. In this example - English.
- Select 'Install CA ITCM'.
- Click Next
- Read and Accept the License Agreement.
- Select the Agents you want to install. It requires at least the Basic Agent. In this example, I am choosing all plugins.
- Select Custom Installation.
- Select DSM Reporter which will automatically select DSM Explorer. Agent is required as well. Documentation is optional.
- Specify the Domain Manager
- Select whether you are using Oracle or SQL server for your MDB.
- Specify the Scalability server the agents will be reporting to.
- Enable the checkbox 'Create Start Menu Entry' if you want to create a Start Menu entry.
- Choose the Destination folder. The default location is "C:\Program Files\CA".
- Verify the Installer Summary.
- Review the components that have been installed.
- Start the DSM Service.
The DSM Reporter is successfully installed.