How to reset the password for the API Gateway root and ssgconfig user?
API Gateway: 10.0
.=TAKE A SNAPSHOT OF THE VM BEFORE PERFORMING THESE STEPS=
1. Connect to the CA API Gateway via a serial cable or direct console access
2. When this screen comes up, press ‘e’
You should see a screen that looks like this:
NOTE: This may be a bit different in your environment; it may say “linux” followed by a different set of characters – this is fine.
5. Delete the phrase rhgb quiet
6. Type rd.break enforcing=0
7. Press CTRL-x to start – the system will be in emergency mode
8. Type mount –o remount,rw /sysroot
9. Type chroot /sysroot
10. Type passwd root (set the root password)
11. Type passwd ssgconfig (set the ssgconfig password)
12. Type exit
13. Type reboot
The appliance will boot up as normal and you will be able to enter the password for the ssgconfig user or root user.
In the future, consider using a password manager or some other means to keep track of your passwords.