We tried to pull RespTime from our CICS regions and the Explore Report Writer reads data from SMF but does not give us the required output. I also noticed that the From and To is not recorded in the joblog (I see 00/00/00 00:00:00).
Release : 16.0
Component : SYSVIEW
1. Ensure that the INPUT SMF files contain the data for the time range specified in the OPTIONS for the report writer job. This may be verified by running the following command against the VOLSERs in question:
MVS DISPLAY SMS, VOLUME(volser)
2. Print a few lines of the Input Dataset to ensure the expected data is what is on the volume being used as input.
If the above look okay, contact Broadcom Support and provide the following documentation:
- The complete JOBLOG from the execution of the report
- MVS DISPLAYS of the volser, or the first and last volsers if a range is being used.
- A small sample of a few lines from one of the input files