Can I configure the session logs to an external database?
Release : 3.2, 4.0
Component : PRIVILEGED ACCESS MANAGEMENT
The following procedure applies only to session logs; not to syslog messages
1. Go to Configuration, Logs, External Log Server.
2. Select the Enable logging to the external server checkbox.
3. Select local or external for which logs are shown by default.
4. To allow regular users to change the view from local to external, select the Allow user to change view checkbox.
5. For the MySQL server settings, complete the following fields:
enter the IPv4 address of the MySQL server.
Port: By default the port is 3306, otherwise, enter the port number.
DB Username: Specify a user with read/write access to the database
DB Password: Enter the user password
Database Name: Identity the database
Click Update to save your settings and activate the external logging.
6. If you change your settings, but you do not update them, you can return to the previous settings by selecting Reset. This action does not return the settings to a default.