The following sections of the MIM documentation may be helpful to read in advance:
1. The Programming Guide provides a wealth of information for this in varying locations.
Here is basic information for setting up an XES control file for a new MIMplex
2. Good background information is a comparison of DASD and List Structure here. You can leave COMMUNICATION=DASDONLY.
3. This section shows more detail about the differences between the physical control files
4. XES Control File placement is described here - it has some good additional displays and information.
Following is the procedure to switch from DASD to list structures without shutting down.
NOTE: The XESFILEID needs to be sequentially numbered higher than any existing DASD DDNAMEs.
Example: If the MIIINIT shows
The XESFILEID's would need to be 02 and 03.
- Use the ALLOCSTR sample JCL to create 2 new list structures. The size of the primary structure can be determined by the DISPLAY CFSIZE command. The alternate List Structure should be 20% larger than the primary.
- Update the XCF POLICY to reflect the 2 new list structures
- Enter the MIM ALLOCATE command on all systems:
- *ALLOCATE XESFILEID=02 STRNAME=mim_primary_structure
- *ALLOCATE XESFILEID=03 STRNAME=mim_alternate_structure
- *DISPLAY FILES
- Confirm that files 02 and 03 are allocated and usable
- If so, use the MIGRATE command to migrate to one of them. The command is global so only needs to be entered on 1 system:
- *DISPLAY FILES
- Confirm that 02 is now IN-USE
- Optionally you can try to migrate to 03 to confirm its operational.
- Comment out or delete the ALLOCATE commands for files 00 and 01 in the init member
- Add the following ALLOCATE commands in the init member:
- ALLOCATE XESFILEID=02,STRNAME=mim_primary_structure
- ALLOCATE XESFILEID=03,STRNAME=mim_alternate_structure