How can I completely remove a device from UIM Inventory if I only know the IP address?
Release : 4.2
Component : UIM - DISCOVERY
The following steps use the example IP "18.104.22.168" - please substitute the appropriate IP address.
1. You will need to run two SQL queries against the UIM SQL database and then record the results:
select cs_key,name from cm_Computer_system where ip = '22.214.171.124';
select cs_key,name from cm_computer_system where cs_id in (select cs_id from cm_computer_system_attr where cs_attr_value = '126.96.36.199';
this may give you some duplicates but it will essentially show all the systems which are associated with this IP at the database level.
2. With the information from the above queries, take the following steps:
a. for each "name" in the list it should correspond to the name of a robot in the environment. Locate the robot in Infrastructure Manager or Admin Console.
b. If using IM, highlight the 'controller' probe and press CTRL+P to bring up the probe utility. If using Admin Console just click the three dots menu and select "open probe utility in a new window."
c. If using IM, click the icon that looks like "gears" to bring up a popup menu; on this menu, enable "Expert Mode" and click OK. If using Admin Console you can skip this step.
d. Select the callback called "_reset_device_id_and_restart" and click the green triangle button to execute the callback.
3. You will need to repeat step 2a-2d for each robot that came up in the query results (it may be only one or it may be two, but could be more than that.)
4. After you have repeated those steps on each robot in the list, make a list of all the cs_key values from the queries in Step 1 and put them into a comma-separated format, e.g.:
5. On the primary hub take the following steps:
a. Log in using IM or Admin Console.
b. If using IM, highlight the 'discovery_server' probe and press CTRL+P to bring up the probe utility. If using Admin Console just click the three dots menu and select "open probe utility in a new window."
c. locate the callback "remove_master_devices_by_cskeys" in the list and select it.
d. This callback takes a comma-separated list of cs_keys as the parameter - so put in the comma-separated list that you created earlier in Step 4.
e. Click the green triangle button to execute the callback. You should receive a message about placing devices on the queue for deletion.
6. On the UMP server take the following steps:
a. deactivate the wasp probe
b. on the server itself locate the folder:
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\work/
note: these are the default locations but it may be installed elsewhere e.g. D:\Nimsoft\
c. delete the contents of the /wasp/work folder
d. clear your browser cache
e. activate the wasp probe