The SpectroSERVER is taking 50+ minutes to start
Possible issue with VLANs.
Check the $SPECROOT/SS/VNM.OUT file for lines similar to the following:
Create, 0x8a0f24, (DEFAULT VLAN), 0x3390001, (vLan), class CsIHvLanConfig, 1 ,5.375000, 5.378000, 0 ,
Release : Any
Component : Spectrum Core / SpectroSERVER
If you see lines similar to the above in the $SPECROOT/SS/VNM.OUT file, do the following:
1. Log into the SpectroSERVER system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. Shutdown the SpectroSERVER process as normal
3. Edit the $SPECROOT/SS/.vnmrc file and add the following line:
4. Save the change and start the SpectroSERVER process as normal
5. Examine the $SPECROOT/SS/VNM.OUT file looking for lines that read similar to the following:
CsIHvLanConfig::trig_model_create for model 0x8d79a7
CsIIBList - port type list count 115130
CsIHvLanConfig::trig_model_create for model 0x8d62c9
CsIIBList - port type list count 208117
Look for high values for the "port type list count". If seen, this is the root cause of the issue. The root cause of the high port counts has been addressed in the Spectrum 10.03.00.BMP_10.3.002 patch for 10.3.2 and in Spectrum 10.4.2. However, because the high port counts is already in the database, they need to be manually resolved.
To resolve this:
1. Use the OneClick Locater to find the model associated with the model handle. In the above example, thee model handles are 0x8d7917 and 0x8d62c9. These models will be container models of type vLan.
2. Select the model and open the Component Detail. In the Device View, you will see a list of devices that are part of the vLan. You will need to delete and remodel each one of these models.