How to monitor a Windows Services via SystemEDGE agent
Release : 10.3
Component : Spectrum Applications
1. Ensure trap_community is properly set to send the trap to the SpectroSERVER machine (SS IP) in the sysedge.cf file
trap_community public 10.34.130.7 162
2. Add the following line in the sysedge.cf file to monitor the Print Spooler service:
watch ntservice 'Print Spooler' 500 0x0 30 'Monitor Print Spooler Jobs' '' 'NTService' 'RPC' 'Running' none
Ensure you copied the exact service's name, in this example is: Print Spooler
3. Stop/Start the SystemEDGE service.
4. The monitored Print Spooler Windows Service will be visible under the System Resources subview.
5. Stop the Print Spooler service.
6. The alarm will be generated on the model.
7. Event generated.
8. Click on the refresh button to update the view. The trap count is 1.
9. Start the Print Spool service.
10. The following event is generated and the alarm is cleared.
11. Click on the refresh button to update this view. Trap count is 2.
12. Process Monitor Table Entry.