For the CA Gen 8.6 CSE is using Microsoft Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019 supported yet?
Release : 8.6
Component : CA Gen Client Server Encyclopedia
1. Currently for Gen 8.6, Microsoft Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019 are not supported.
Per CA GEN 8.6 > Technical Requirements > Third-Party Software Version, Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016 are supported.
2. The certifications of Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019 with Gen 8.6 are planned to be complete by end of this Calendar Year 2020.
NOTE: This is a forward-looking statement. This is subject to change at any time without notice. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remain at Broadcom's sole discretion.
Progress of the certifications can be monitored via this CA Gen Community thread: CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2020
3. Gen Support has done limited Gen 8.6 CSE testing with a VM running Windows Server 2019 Standard and SQL Server 2019 Standard.
With Gen 8.6 Complete (WKS86200/SO09618) and other latest CSN PTFs installed:
- Running CSE Configuration against a new SQL Server database was successful.
- Upload/download tests from the toolset were successful.
NOTE: These are positive results but do not imply any official support until formal certification is complete per #2 above.