ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Timesheet TMA-0111 Lock errors Keep Happening
Article ID: 199761
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
We're seeing this lock issue happening for a number of users, even after clearing some locks.
- Full error: TMA-0111: Error updating timesheet. Couldn't obtain lock. Click the browser's back button and try again.
- In the app or bg logs, you see Error message: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
This issue can be due to a database issue for an issue that impacts a high number of users at one time.
Release : All Supported Releases
Component : CA PPM SAAS TIME MANAGEMENT
- On Premise customers: Have your DBA check for any database issues including any issues related to blocking sessions or memory:
- SaaS Customers: Please contact Broadcom support
- It's recommended to first check the KBs mentioned in the additional information section of this article to see if any of those solve the issue
Workaround: Use steps in resolution section of KB: 193019
- KB193019 - Clarity PPM -TMA-0111 error when saving timesheet
- KB25510 - Unable to Open Timesheet - see error in Classic or Modern UX
- KB27031 - A user has Duplicate (2) timesheets for the same date and neither is editable
- KB27007 - Timesheet locked by a Process that may be stuck resulting in error TMA-0118 or TMA-0122
- See KB: 141061 for tips on how to optimize use of Self Service for Clarity