ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Can the workspace for Desktop Client be modified to point to alternate location
Article ID: 199200
CA Workload Automation DE - Business Agents (dSeries)
CA Workload Automation DE
CA Workload Automation DE - System Agent (dSeries)
CA Workload Automation DE - Scheduler (dSeries)
Can the location of the Workload Automation Desktop Client workspace be modified to point to an alternate location other than the default location?
Release : 12.x
Component : CA WORKLOAD AUTOMATION DE (DSERIES) DESKTOP CLIENT
You can change the location of the workspace folder by modifying the config file for the Desktop Client.
- Navigate to the configuration folder located below the Desktop Client software installation directory. Mine happens to be C:\CA\WA Desktop Client R12 SP2\. Yours may be different.
- Open the config.ini file for editing.
- Locate the line "[email protected]/workspace-CAWA"
- Duplicate this line and comment out the original.
- Modify the new line entry to reflect "osgi.instance.area.default=<your_location_of_choice>".
Note: Make sure the location exists and it has appropriate permissions for your users..
#This configuration file was written by: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxFwConfigFileParser
#Thu Dec 19 13:25:34 CST 2019
#[email protected]/workspace-CAWA #Default Setting
osgi.instance.area.default=c:/tmp/wade-workspace #New Setting
- When you launch the Desktop Client, the new workspace directory should be in effect. You can check the location that you specified for file creation.