This article provides a solution to an issue where the UMP wasp probe fails to locate the data_engine probe.
The UMP wasp.log / _wasp.log files will show similar errors to the below snippet:
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimProbeBase] Login to NimBUS is OK
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.WaspNimProbe] WaspNimProbe login successful.
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.Probe] Connection String: null
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.Probe] Cannot obtain connection string from data_engine
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.Probe] (4) not found, Received status (4) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd = 'nametoip' name = 'data_engine'
The wasp probe will be in an error state (no PORT, no PID and in red status)
Release : 20.1
Component : UIM - UMP
Reviewing the wasp.cfg the probe is pointing to the following location to locate the probe:
"data_engine = data_engine"
This is incorrect. The UMP wasp is usually deployed to a separate robot which attaches to the Primary hub system and in this usecase the key should look something like the following:
"data_engine = /uim_domain/primary_hub_name/primary_hub_robot_name/data_engine"
1. Go to the Primary hub server, right click the data_engine probe, go to the bottom line for "Edit" and select "Copy to Clipboard"
2. Open a notepad file and paste the contents. Locate the data_engine probe string.
3. Copy the probe connection string.
4. Open the UMP wasp probe in war configure, under setup locate the data_engine key and edit the key.
5. Remove the current key value and add the probe address:
e.g. "data_engine = /ibndev000740_domain/ibndev000740_phub/ibndev000740_robot/data_engine"
6. Apply the changes and save.
7. Restart the robot service of the UMP system and confirm if the issue is now resolved.