This article provides a solution to an issue where the UMP wasp probe fails to locate the data_engine probe.
The UMP wasp.log / _wasp.log files will show similar errors to the below snippet:
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimProbeBase] Login to NimBUS is OK
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.WaspNimProbe] WaspNimProbe login successful.
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.Probe] Connection String: null
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.Probe] Cannot obtain connection string from data_engine
[main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.Probe] (4) not found, Received status (4) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd = 'nametoip' name = 'data_engine'
The wasp probe will be in an error state (no PORT, no PID and in red status)
Reviewing the wasp.cfg the probe is pointing to the following location to locate the probe:
"data_engine = data_engine"
This is incorrect. The UMP wasp is usually deployed to a separate robot which attaches to the Primary hub system and in this usecase the key should look something like the following:
"data_engine = /uim_domain/primary_hub_name/primary_hub_robot_name/data_engine"
Release : 20.1
Component : UIM - UMP
1. Go to the Primary hub server, right click the data_engine probe, go to the bottom line for "Edit" and select "Copy to Clipboard"
2. Open a notepad file and paste the contents. Locate the data_engine probe string.
3. Copy the probe connection string.
4. Open the UMP wasp probe in war configure, under setup locate the data_engine key and edit the key.
5. Remove the current key value and add the probe address:
e.g. "data_engine = /ibndev000740_domain/ibndev000740_phub/ibndev000740_robot/data_engine"
6. Apply the changes and save.
7. Restart the robot service of the UMP system and confirm if the issue is now resolved.