Discover scans are filling the ContentExtractionTemp directory with temp files. Disk is full.
Article ID: 198921
Data Loss Prevention Discover Suite
- After scanning large targets and experiencing some FileReader restarts, you notice that the C:\ drive on the discover detection server is utilizing much more disk space than normal.
- Investigation shows that the C:\Users\<protectUser>\AppData\Local\Temp folder is full of temporary files
- Deleting these brings the disk down to the expected consumed space, however the disk begins to fill again when scheduled scanning resumes
In the Enforce console:
- Navigate to Servers and Detectors Overview
- Click on the Discover Server you wish to configure
- Click the Server Settings button
- Locate the field: ContentExtraction.TemporaryDirectory
- Enter a drive and path of a folder you wish to use (folder will be created if it doesn't exist)
- Save the settings and recycle the detection server service
You should now find that temp files no longer accumulate on the drive over time.