The root cause for hanging upto 30 seconds is due to a code defect where, for an external DB configuration for Registry, if the DB is not reachable from Workstation and ITR is cancelled for the first time, a connection attempt was happening with certain connection url and waiting for 30 secs for the response. This hang does not happen if you re-run the same ITR again and again.
Also, the "Warning! External processes that are cancelled often leave irrecoverable side effects" message would get logged irrespective of the hang and is a message that user cancelled the ITR.
Release : 10.6
Component : CA Service Virtualization
Open a support case and refer the defect number DE474674.
After receiving the patch files, use below steps to apply the patch:
1) Go to Workstation Machine.
2) Go to /lib/core/ directory.
3) Take backup of lisa-core-10.6.0.jar
4) Download the lisa-core-10.6.0.jar and replace.
5) Restart Workstation.
6) Test the scenario.
7) Better replace the jar in the Registry Machine as well and restart the registry.