The "jaws.sh stopsync" and "jaws.sh stop" command both fail with the error below:
Setting JAWS_HOME to '.'
openjdk version "1.8.0_232" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_232-b09) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.232-b09, mixed mode)
Readingvmoptions from ./jaws.sh.vmoptions
Stopping JAWS server
Failed to connect to the controller: Timeout waiting for the system to boot.
Shutdown error. You might not be using default ports. Try ./jaws.sh kill
Release : 6.0.1
Component : AUTOMIC AUTOMATION INTELLIGENCE ENGINE
This will happen if you change the Admin default password and do not add the servicePass parameter with the new password in the Configuration Tool->Params tab.
To change this:
1. Launch the Configuration tool from the /<install dir>/config directory by running run.sh or run.bat. For Linux you will need X11 forwarding on.
2. Select the Params tab
3. Change the Show drop-down to hidden named parameters
4. Select Show hidden param
5. Enter servicePass in the box
6. Select OK
7. Put the updated password for the admin user in the Value column
8. Select Apply and OK
9. Restart AAI services and once you verify everything is fully started, try the jaws.sh stopsync command again and it should shutdown.