Once we are clicking the .vtf file ,the installer is getting launched instead of the ARD model in ARD version 18.104.22.168 .
Release : 3.1
Component : CA Agile Requirements Designer
We have identified three different scenarios that this can occur:
1. Install was done from inside a zip file as opposed to unzipping and then installing from the unzipped .exe. The proper method is to unzip the installer and then upgrade/install.
2. "Dirty" install. This can be done by doing a proper upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1, find an issue and revert back to 3.0 by copying the folder from a previous install of 3.0 into the 3.1 folder and starting up ARD. The proper method of back versioning is to uninstall and reinstall.
3. The .vtf folder extension is linked to the installer and not the ARD.exe. This is typically created by performing installing from within a zip file. The way to avoid this is the unzip the installer into a folder and from that folder install/upgrade.
These will result in the Registry getting corrupted with respect to ARD.
The remedy for all three cases is to perform the following:
1. Uninstall the ARD version.
2. Back up your Registry.
3. Check the following Registry key:
4. Delete the Registry key:
5. Do an install of the version of ARD that you want to use.
6. To avoid this issue, follow the proper methods of upgrading and back versioning.
Confirmed fixed in ARD patch 22.214.171.124 - We modified the installer to avoid this issue.