This document contains steps to update the descriptions of AHD error messages in Service Desk.
Please follow the steps below to update the error message description.
In this example, we are going to modify the message:
"AHD04015: Contact record not found for id <userid>"
- Go to "$NX_ROOT\site\mods\" path and create the "msg_catalog" folder
- Browse to "$NX_ROOT\bin" and copy the "pdm.xml" to "$NX_ROOT\site\mods\msg_catalog"
- Open the "pdm.xml" in "$NX_ROOT\site\mods\msg_catalog" with a text-editor (Notepad++, Notepad, Wordpad)
- Search for the text: "04015". (This is the MessageID of the description you want to change, viz: "Contact record not found for id (%1)")
Change the description as desired, keeping in mind not to remove any variables, in this case "(%1)".
- Edit the message to whatever text you want to use and then save the file
- Recycle the Service Desk service for the changes to take effect