Once these four steps are finished successfully, the upgrade to Datacom/AD version 15.1 will be complete. To upgrade another Datacom MUF environment, start again from the first step to create a new INSTJCL library and new custom libraries.
Before starting, it might be helpful to review this video: "The New Streamlined CA Datacom/AD Version 15.1 Upgrade Process"
Step 1: Acquiring and installing the Software (Product Acquisition)
If not using Chorus Software Manager (CSM) to manage the Datacom/AD 15.1 software, run these SMP/e jobs from the datacom.v151.SAMPJCL library:
Step 2: Updating the software (applying maintenance)
- Select the release and service pack for Datacom/AD from the Download section of the support portal to select and download all PTFs for Datacom/AD before proceeding to the next step.
- As indicated in the Datacom/AD 15.1 "Readme for Datacom/AD 15.1", apply all published Datacom/AD 15.1 PTFs. It is recommended that Datacom/AD Version 15.1 is current on maintenance for all FMID components. If all solutions cannot be applied at this point, the required solutions before upgrading are listed on the Datacom/AD 15.1 README and must be applied before you create the datacom.v151.INSTJCL PDS through job AXCUS00, used to upgrade the MUF.
Step 3: Perform the upgrade tasks
- Once all maintenance has been applied, customize and submit member AXCUS00 in the datacom.v151.CAAXSAMP to create the datacom.v151.INSTJCL installation library (Cancel editing after submitting this member as this is under SMP/E control).
- Customize and submit INSTJCL member AXCUSACT to create the datacom.v151.ACT.INSTJCL installation library, used for the Active MUF Upgrade.
- Customize and submit INSTJCL member AXRIM01. This member installs the 15.1 Datacom/DB PC module DBPCCPR. This member has to run before executing the upgrade installation steps. Note that in Datacom/AD version 14.0 there were 2 modules, DBPCCPR and DBPCSPR, but in Datacom/AD 15.1 only DBPCCPR is used.
Note: AXRIM01 loads Datacom 15.1 PC module DBPCCPR. Be sure to update your CAS9/CAIRIM input with the control statements from AXRIM01 so that the PC module gets loaded after every IPL.
- Customize and submit these ACT.INSTJCL members to upgrade an active 14.0 MUF to version 15.1:
AXACTUPG - Assemble and link-edit custom macros to custom libraries
AXAPFADD - CA SYSVIEW to dynamically add the libraries to be APF listed
AXACTALC - Allocate upgrade-related data sets
Note: Job AXACTUPG copies the current 14.0 custom members–including DBSIDPR–into the 15.1 CUSMAC. Review the DBSIDPR/DBSYSID macro parameters as needed, and also review any JCL you use to create or assemble this DBSIDPR member if any changes are needed.
- Stop the Broadcom products which use this MUF.
- If the Broadcom product uses Datacom Server, then also stop the Server.
- Shut down the Datacom/AD 14.0 MUF, and ensure the MUF shuts down cleanly (without any errors).
- Make a copy of your current 14.0 MUF startup JCL and change the STEPLIB to use this MUFs Datacom/AD 15.1 CUSLIB and 15.1 CAAXLOAD. Assure the AXDATIN1 startup options are the same as used with the 14.0 MUF. Use the startup options member provided with Version 15.1 called AXDATIN2.
- Update the JCL of the Broadcom product using the MUF and change the STEPLIB to use the new Datacom/AD 15.1 CUSLIB and CAAXLOAD libraries.
- If the Broadcom product uses Datacom Server then update the Datacom Server JCL and change the STEPLIB to use the same Datacom/AD 15.1 CUSLIB and 15.1 CAAXLOAD.
- Start the MUF that was just upgraded using the Datacom/AD 15.1 software.
- Start Datacom Server if needed.
- Start the Broadcom products that use this MUF.
Step 4: Perform the post-upgrade tasks
- Once the Datacom/AD Version 15.1 MUF is up and you will not revert to the prior version, run the following members in the ACT.INSTJCL library:
AXACTDD1 - Backup of Datacom 14.0 Datadictionary
AXACTDD2 - Update Datadictionary to 15.0. Note that this is required to complete the upgrade to Version 15.1