What are the summarized steps for CA Datacom/AD 15.1 Active Upgrade from 14.0?
Release : 15.1 14.0
Please follow the steps below to upgrade one MUF instance from Datacom/AD 14.0 to 15.1.
If you would like to watch a video to follow along with the knowledge article, please follow "The New Streamlined CA Datacom/AD Version 15.1 Upgrade Process"
A. (Product Acquisition) Installing the CA DATACOM/AD Version 15.1 SOFTWARE
If not using CA Chorus Manager (CSM) to install CA Datacom/AD 15.1 software and PTFs, run these SMP/e jobs from the SAMPJCL library:
B. Retrieve Maintenance
Follow the maintenance grid to see all PTFs to install before proceeding to the next step. From the link, locate Datacom/AD 15.1, navigate to the last column "PTFs available" and click on "since 0000" to view all PTFs
As indicted in the Datacom/AD 15.1 "Readme for CA Datacom/AD 15.1", apply all published Datacom/AD 15.1 PTFs. It is recommend that the entire Datacom/AD 15.1 is brought up to maintenance, including the maintenance for all the FMID components. If not all solutions can be applied right away, the required solutions before upgrading are down below and need to be applied before you create each MUF's INSTJCL job AXCUS00
SO11872 - AD - ADD AD Z/OSMF WORKFLOWS FOR CONFIGURATION AND UPGRADE
SO13448 - AD - REPLACE UPGRADE MEMBER AXACTUPG
SO14957 - AD - INSTALL JOBS AXCUS00 AND AXACTUPG END WITH CC=4
C. (Pre-Upgrade Steps) Performing the Active Upgrade to CA DATACOM/AD Version 15.1
1. Once all outstanding maintenance has been applied, Customize and Submit member AXCUS00 in the CAAXSAMP to create the INSTJCL installation library (Do not save this member as this is under SMP/E control)
2. Customize and submit INSTJCL member AXCUSACT - create the "Active MUF Upgrade" ACT.INSTJCL installation library
3. Customize and submit the ACT.INSTJCL library members down below to upgrade an active 14.0 MUF to version 15.1
AXACTUPG - Assemble and link-edit custom macros to custom libraries
AXAPFADD - CA SYSVIEW to dynamically add the libraries to be APF listed
AXRIM01 - CAIRIM execution to load the program call routines
AXACTALC - Allocate Upgrade related data sets
Note!: Job AXACTUPG creates the new 15.1 CUSLIB a new DBSIDPR. Review the DBSYSID macro parameters so it matches your CA Datacom/AD Version 14.0 parameters for customizing the new DBSIDPR.
Note!: Job AXRIM01 installs the 15.1 PC Call routine. Also, be sure to update your system CAS9 procedure which runs at IPL time with the input statements from AXRIM01 so the PC call routine get installed after every IPL
4. Stop the CA product using this MUF.
5. If the CA product uses CA Datacom Server then stop the Server.
6. Shutdown the Datacom/AD 14.0 MUF. Ensure the MUF shuts down cleanly (without any errors).
7. Copy your existing 14.0 MUF startup JCL and change the STEPLIB to use this MUFs Datacom/AD 15.1 CUSLIB and 15.1 CAAXLOAD.
Assure the AXDATIN1 startup options are the same as used with the 14.0 MUF.
Use the 15.1 provided AXDATIN2.
8. Update the JCL of the CA product using the MUF and change the STEPLIB to use the new Datacom/AD 15.0 CAAXLOAD and CUSLIB libraries.
9. If the CA product uses CA Datacom Server then update the CA Datacom Server JCL and change the STEPLIB to use this MUFs Datacom/AD 15.1 CUSLIB and 15.1 CAAXLOAD.
10. Start the MUF that was just upgraded using the Datacom/AD 15.1 software. Use the JCL in step 9. Alternatively you can update and use AD15STUP in the ACT.INSTJCL library.
D. (Post Upgrade Steps) Performing the Active Upgrade to CA DATACOM/AD Version 15.1
11. Once The MUF is up and after you have done the code switch, run the following members in the ACT.INSTJCL library:
AXACTDD1 - Backup of Datacom 14.0 Dictionary
AXACTDD2 - Updating Dictionary to 15.0
Note: These jobs update the Datacom Datadictionary to the 15.0 level and are required jobs for version 15.1.
12. Start the CA product using this MUF.
The upgrade to Datacom/AD version 15.1 is now complete. To upgrade another Datacom MUF environment, start again from step 1 to create a new INSTJCL library and new custom libraries.
See section "Install Products Using Native SMP/E JCL"
See "Readme" for CA Datacom/AD 15.1
See section "How to Perform an Active MUF Upgrade"
See Article 195303 "How to upgrade CA ENF MUF to Datacom/AD 15.1 from AD 14.0"
See Article 199604 "How to Fallback to 14.0 and when to run AXACTDDR"
"The New Streamlined CA Datacom/AD Version 15.1 Upgrade Process" video also contains steps on how to perform an active upgrade from 15.0 to 15.1