The upgrade fails on checkinstall with an ERROR:
8/19/20 11:47 AM (UnknownElement) Task "nsql" finished with error.
/opt/checkinstall/scripts/check-db-dwh-export-permissions.xml:31: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Release : Any
Component : CA PPM INTEGRATIONS & INSTALLATIONS
1. Please ensure the DWH database is correctly set up with your DBA. Here is the permissions required:
Section (On-Premise only) Set the Required Data Warehouse Oracle User Privileges
2. Once you do set the DWH properly, ensure is that when you go to to CSA - Data Warehouse you see the database is Available.
3. If it's not available, reenter the DWH password in CSA and ensure it's correct by checking in SQL developer.
4. Ensure the DWH restored is the right version with query:
select * from cmn_dwh_install_history order by installed_date desc
5. If not the right version, a correct version must be restored from the app files $clarity/database/backups and the DB LINK has to be recreated
Once CSA states Available you should be good to continue the upgrade.