Tasks are failing frequently in Identity Manager, with the following error observed in the log
ERROR [ims.tmt.persistence] PersistenceProvider: JMS:ID:00a73c9f6a49df9aab469d17110a134f0000000000003938: saveTaskSessionEvent: exception saving task session: Transaction (Process ID 46) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim.
Release : 14.2
Component : IdentityMinder(Identity Manager)
As a pre requisite, apply solution detailed in https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=54359
There are two additional optional solutions for this error
1. Applying the latest 14.2 CP5 should address the deadlocks
2. Configure the JDBC provider using Configuring a JDBC provider via the administrative console and the Data Source using Configuring a data source via the administrative console
- Expand Resources > JDBC provider >
- Select the Configured_JDBC_Provider
- Select the Task Persistence data source
- Under additional properties, click Custom properties
- Click New to add a new custom property, specifying the name webSphereDefaultIsolationLevel and type the value as 2.
- Click OK, and save the configuration.
- Restart the Application Server to make the custom property active.