The intention is not to leave the queue empty with the CLEAR command, but to delete a selected block, keeping the other messages.
Have no samples of this kind of procedure in Documentation
CA Sysview 15.0 and 16.0
1) Enter the message list (MQBROWSE menu)
2) Issue the SET CONFIRM YES command
3) Issue the command "+ DEL" in the first message of the block
4) Issue the "+" command in the last message of the block
5) Reply to the confirmation message with "ALL NOMSG"
The SET command functions as a command line interface to change your profile.
Changes made using the SET command are permanent.