One or more of the following symptoms are reported:
1. Custom and OOTB reports show missing data, not generating results as expected
2. Custom and stock portlets do not return any data, as it previously did.
3. BG logs show one or more of the following errors:
ERROR 2020-08-13 06:24:04,690 [Dispatch Time Slicing : [email protected] (tenant=clarity)] niku.njs (clarity:user:xxxx__xxxx:Time Slicing) Error executing job: 5148111 org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend. at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:336) at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.executeTransactionCommand(PgConnection.java:754) at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.rollback(PgConnection.java:797) at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor112.invoke(Unknown Source)
WARN 2020-08-18 19:58:34,785 [Thread-5] persistence.PersistenceController (clarity:......:none) Warning: Attempting to reuse a closed connection. A new connection will be generated.
ERROR 2020-08-13 06:24:03,742 [Dispatch Time Slicing : [email protected] (tenant=clarity)] niku.blobcrack (clarity:admin:….....:Time Slicing) Exception during blobcrack process
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: This connection has been closed.
Example of report impacted: Missing Time Report, Timesheet Detail
This is reported as DE57138 and is resolved in 22.214.171.124 (Patch 2).
DE57138: PRJ_BLB_SLICES table data needs to be regenerated
Release : 15.8.1
Component : CA PPM SAAS APPLICATION
Our Infrastructure and Engineering team identified this 2-part issue:
1. The database connection pooling issue is stabilized where it affected the job scheduler, particularly the Time Slicing job, as this job runs frequently and is most affected.
2. There is an identified portion of Time Slicing code that was revised to address the condition above, so that a complete manual reslice is not needed.
If the issue does happen before the release containing the fix is applied, reslice the affected time slice ids in batches with the following instructions.
Refer to the highlighted time slices which are commonly used to populate reports.
It is highly recommended to pause the Time Slicing ahead of any upgrade or maintenance schedule.