"KD_Submit" Activity Notifications are not sent out while other activities, like "Publish", will send a notification. When are the "KD_Submit" Activity Notifications sent when creating and editing knowledge documents in CA SDM?
When a Knowledge Document is created within a knowledge category, it triggers the "KD_SUBMIT" activity.
The "KD_SUBMIT" notification is sent out ONLY when there is no assignee set on the Knowledge Document.
Here is how the KD_SUBMIT notifications work:
- When analysts create a new Knowledge Document within a Knowledge Category that has an owner and selects to assign the Knowledge Document to the Category Owner, the created knowledge document will have:
- Category Owner as the assignee and owner of the Knowledge Document
- Category Owner will receive a "Document Assigned" notification from the "KD_ASSIGNED" - Document Assigned Activity Notification
- When analysts create a new Knowledge Document within a Knowledge Category that has no owner and selects to assign the Knowledge Document to the Category Owner, the created knowledge document will have:
- No contact become the assignee or owner of the Knowledge Document because the Knowledge Category does not have an owner specified.
- "Submit KD" notification is sent out based on the Knowledge Submitted (KD_SUBMIT) Activity Notification settings (Administration tab -> Notification -> Activity Notifications -> KD_SUBMIT - Knowledge Submitted)