ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
SEP Client Stop services password prompt appearing even when no password is protected
Article ID: 197166
Symantec Endpoint Protection Client stop services password prompt appearing even when no password is protected.
- For a client group where you do not want the password, select the group under the Clients menu.
- On the right-side, click the Policies tab.
- Click the Password link.
- Set a password. This will force an update down to the clients.
- Once the clients have had enough time to check in and get the update, go back in to the Password link and remove the password. Again this will force an update down to the clients.
- Do this for each group that is having this issue.