- Update the Status Comments field to be 762 or less characters when you get this error.
- To check the character length:
- Copy the text into word
- Click on Review
- Click on the Word count button (this will give you a count of the characters)
2. If the Status Comment field is locked (as is the case in this example), the Status Report field would instead need to be updated:
- Reduce the character length down to 762 in the Status Report string field
- Rerun the process to update the Status Comments field.
3. Another possible option is to truncate the Status Report field in the gel script
- Have the process checks the character limit and update any text over to 762 to truncate the remaining text.
4. Create a new string attribute on the project object
- Set maximum size of attribute to 2000.
- Update the process to copy into this new field
- For existing projects, a one time script could be created to copy the Status Comment data to this new field
- However, this would affect all system end points (such as reports) that use this attribute