Agent SAP had been started by a Service Manager that had not set the necessary environment variables (SECUDIR among others)
Release : 12.x
Component : AUTOMATION ENGINE
Subcomponent: Agent SAP
To fix the problem, please start the SAP Agent manually from a shell where the SECUDIR and other related SAP SNC variables are set or from a Service Manager that has these variables set.
In order to find out what are the environment variables of a process on AIX, try the command:
ps eww PID_OF_THE_PROCESS | tr ' ' '\n' | grep = | sort
[email protected]:/automic/uc4/agents/FRSTAIX727_WO122_SAP121/bin#export SECUDIR=/tmp
[email protected]:/automic/uc4/agents/FRSTAIX727_WO122_SAP121/bin#java -jar ucxjr3x.jar &
[email protected]:/automic/uc4/agents/FRSTAIX727_WO122_SAP121/bin#ps eww 13107356 | tr ' ' '\n' | grep = | sort
You can set the SECUDIR and its environment variables by following these steps:
1. Created SECUDIR in my users home dir. eg. /home/uc4/sec
2. Set the ENV variable of SECUDIR=/home/uc4/sec
3. Placed my libsapcrypto.so in the SECUDIR directory.
4. Used sapgenpse utility to create the SAPSNCS.pse with the root signed ca cert.
5. Initialized the .pse with user uc4 (user who starts the agent). ./sapgenpse seclogin -p SAPSNCS.pse
running seclogin with USER="uc4"
Added SSO-credentials for PSE "/home/uc4/sec/SAPSNCS.pse"
6. Enable SNC in connection object and add the library for the cryto:
7. lastly partner name in connection was provided by SAP team as their application give that output.
Check SAP notes: