After adding a user on the CA On Demand Portal, the user still can not log in.
The user needs to be activated. How to activate the user in the CA On Demand Portal?
Clarity PPM SaaS
There might be different methods of adding/activating the users in the On Demand Portal.
One would be manually, using the Centralized User Management. Other way would be using Bulk User Management utilities, such as ODUM/Web Services.
- With centralized user management.
Activate Portal Users
1. Click to open the Control Panel.
2. Click Users in the Portal navigation menu.
3. Locate deactivated users with Advanced Search by selecting No in the Active drop-down list.
4. For the user you want to activate, click Actions and select Activate.
The user is activated in the portal and in all assigned applications.
5. Reset the password for the activated user. The user password must be reset before they can access the portal.
- Using Bulk User Management
Supported Web Services Reference
activateOdpUser: Grants access for a user to the Portal and all application services
activateOdpUser - Activate a Portal User
The activateOdpUser web service grants access for a user to the Portal and all application services. The web service returns all the details of the activated user.
Requests to the activateOdpUser web service contain the following parameters:
OdumOptions: Sets key properties for the user. See OdumOptions for details.
emailAddress: Provides the email address of the user to retrieve.
tenantName: Provides the tenant name to which the user belongs.
The following error conditions result in a null response:
User does not exist
User activation failed
Incomplete information passed
Incorrect information passed (when a user exists with the specified user id, but has a different email address than specified in the input)
The user does not belong to the tenant specified in the OdumOptions
Further information can be found on the CA ON DEMAND PORTAL documentation.