We have configured so that an email is sent when a job is completed successfully.
The job runs but there is not any email received.
Release : 12.0
Component : CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)
You can proceed by the following steps to configure email to be sent on success of a job:
1. Set the “NotifyMethod” parameter to 1 in config.$AUTOSERV file under $AUTOUSER directory:
NotifyMethod=1 < ====
The default value is 0 which means do Not send notification.
2. Set the "SMTP Host Server" in “NotifySMTPHost” parameter in config.$AUTOSERV file:
Defines the host name of the SMTP server.
Defines the port number the SMTP server uses to send email notifications.
You do not need to specify this value if the SMTP server is using the default port.
Default: 25 < ===== Make sure the default port is Open and works fine
3. Run a test from the Scheduler node to make sure the required port is open and the SMTP Server can be reached through the configured port.
$ telnet <SMTP_Host_Name> <SMTP_Port_Number>
4. The “NotifySMTPFromAddress” parameter defines the SMTP “from” email address in config.$AUTOSERV file:
5. The “notification_emailaddress_on_success” set in the “job definition” defines the email address of the recipient of the email notification when the job completes successfully.
You can consult the following documentation pages for more information about the above parameters:
a. Send Email Notifications