Is there any way to release and reallocate the HISTFILE? Its secondary allocation is too small.
Release : 11.4 & 12.0
Component : CA ESP WORKLOAD AUTOMATION
You can issue following from the Master:
- Stop tracking by "OPER TRACKING NOSTORE" and close the histfile by "OPER
HISTFILE histid CLOSE";
- From MVS console, issue "/F esp_stc,HISTFILE histid DELETE", then answer
"Y" to prompt question:
ESP437A CONFIRM REQUEST TO DELETE HISTFILE HIST1, REPLY Y OR N
- Re-allocate the HISTFILE;
- Issue HISTFILE histid DEFINE with proper dsname;
- Issue "OPER TRACKING STORE" to resume tracking.
Note: it's important to turn off tracking first, to avoid lose data that should be written to histfile.