This could be due to a number of factors such as:
- Sporadic network problems
- Configuration changes.
Were any ENF, CCITCP, CCITCPGW or CCIPC definitions changed?
Were there any DNS, IP address or other communications systems changes?
- Is there a successful CCIPC config test result? On the Web Viewer server, go to All Programs->CA->CAICC-PC->
- Is it possible CCITCPGW definitions/configurations are no longer correct?
- Changes to configuration on the mainframe. If the DRAS you defined to the folder is now incorrect - no longer discoverable' Delete, rediscover, recreate the folder definition.
- Timeouts - to increase the Timeout setting, use the Web Viewer Administration Tool, File, Preferences, TimeOuts tab, to increase the Remote response timeout.
- Problems on the mainframe. There may be mainframe issues with DRAS, ENF and/or CCITCP Started Tasks - Check if any of those tasks are unresponsive and recycle them if needed. Recycling ENF will recycle CCITCP.
- Check the DRAS log (with message suppression off) for related messages
If you make changes to the the CCI/PC configuration, be sure to recycle IIS after updating.