The attached '1595608040687__CA2E_License_Key_Removal.zip' file contains a solution for the following problems:
C21E 88 - LICENSE KEY REMOVAL CA 2E PRODUCT FAMILY
C22E 609 - LICENSE KEY REMOVAL CA 2E PRODUCT FAMILY
All members of the CA 2E product family required a license key. This PTF will remove the requirement for license key checks from the CA 2E Product Family.
If there is an existing license of CA 2E product family already installed in the environment, there will be no impact from the licensing side except that the license check would not happen at the backend.
When moving/upgrading to a new IBMi machine, it is no longer required to procure a new license to install CA 2E product family on a new machine.
NOTE: This PTF is built on top of CA 2E r8.7 CUM PTF A
This solution should only be used with CA 2E 8.7 CUM PTF A
To apply this solution, please follow the steps below:
1. Download the file attached to this KB article and use any unzipping tool like WinZip to unzip the file after downloading
2. The zip file contains all the necessary SAVFs needed to ensure license key check removal for the CA 2E Product Family. They are as follows:
3. FTP the files Y1870A088.SAVF and Y2870A609.SAVF to library QGPL on your IBM iServer (see "Using FTP to transfer a .SAVF file to your IBM iServer" below for details)
4. Use the RSTLIB command to restore the libraries to the machine, as follows:
RSTLIB SAVLIB(Y1870A088) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/Y1870A088)
RSTLIB SAVLIB(Y2870A609) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/Y2870A609)
5. Add libraries Y1870A088 and Y2870A609 to any library lists (including job description initial library lists) which contain Y2870AC, Y1870AC, Y2SY and Y1SY so that Y1870A088 and Y2870A609 are higher in the library list than Y2870AC, Y1870AC, Y2SY and Y1SY
Using FTP to transfer a SAVF file to an IBM iServer
1. Open a command prompt and enter each of the following commands in turn, followed by ENTER:
QUOTE SITE NAMEFMT 1
PUT <save-file-name>.SAVF <save-file-name>.SAVF
where <ibm-i>, <user-profile>, <password> and <save-file-name> are replaced by the name or IP address of your IBM iServer, your IBM user profile, your IBM password and the SAVF file name which needs to be FTPed