A 'Value is too small' error occurs when saving an object instance if the default date is set to Rolling Date: Current Date and time and the Validation From date is also Current Date and Time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a custom Date attribute
2. Set the Validate From Date to Rolling Date: Current Date and Time
3. Set the Default Date to Rolling Date: Current Date and Time
4. Add this attribute to the Create view
5. Create a new instance of this object by entering all the required fields, but do not modify the date field created on the previous steps
6. Click on Save
Expected Results: The instance saves successfully
Actual Results: The instance does not save, and throws a 'Value is too small' error
Release : 15.7.1
Component : CA PPM Studio
This is working as expected. When clicking on New to create a new object instance, the date field gets populated with the current date and time at that point in time. By the time the instance is saved by clicking on the Save button, the current time has increased by even a few seconds. Since the value that the field is already populated with is previous to the current date and time of when the Save button was clicked, this error occurs as it does not meet the validation date range.
In order to no longer get the error, the Validation From date should be cleared or changed to a future date.