We are also looking into possibly having IAM no longer use the embedded database and instead connect to the Oracle database.
Can you provide the necessary steps we will have to take in order to accomplish that?
Release : 10.4 and later
Component : CA Service Virtualization
Here is what you need to do to change your IAM to use an Oracle database instead of the Embedded database:
1. Your DBA will have to create a new schema with no tables for IAM.
2. Create new folder DEVTEST_HOME/IdentityAccessManager/database/drivers (note: this is not in the docs, it is what I do.)
3. Copy file DEVTEST_HOME/lib/dradis/ojdbc7-220.127.116.11.jar to folder DEVTEST_HOME/IdentityAccessManager/database/drivers.
4. Update DEVTEST_HOME/IdentityAccessManager/iam.properties file.
5. Add these lines to the file: (USER must have DBA Authority to create the tables)
6. Stop all DevTest components.
7. Delete all the log files in /opt/CA/DevTest10.5/IdentityAccessManager/standalone/log
8. Start all DevTest components.
9. Login to IAM to verify.
where DEVTEST_HOME is the home folder of where DevTest is installed.
where ojdbc7-18.104.22.168.jar is the Oracle JDBC driver we deliver with DevTest.