LAC 5.4 upgrade package we have doesn't have CALiveAPICreator.war .. so to upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4 ..
So, we can not take that file and rename it to root.war ..like mentioned here in documentation.
Release : 5.4
Component : LIVE API CREATOR
lets say we just have LAC 5.3 installed under Tomcat webapps folder.
1. we will stop tomcat service
2. we will remove current root.war file and root folder
3. now we will move over all 4 files from GEN0000000002361\production folder ( 5.4 package - GEN0000000002361 )
4. Rename APIServer.war to ROOT.war
restart Tomcat service ..
start C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\bin\startup.bat
this was you can see console how it loads files ..
5. you may have to re-install license
now when you log in to localhost:8080/APICreator .. LCA should we upgraded version