I need to download the latest version of Harvest, to perform the migration. The ISO image you download contains version 13.0.3. And I found the upgrades to 13.0.4, but if there is the possibility of installing version 13.0.4 directly, it would facilitate the task, since we are migrating from Harvest 12, and on the server I install in 2 steps without problems, but we have numerous clients and around 400 agents to install the day of the migration, for which we want to simplify and automate the process. If you have a procedure to perform this task, I would appreciate it.
Release : 13.0
Component : CA Harvest Software Change Manager
We don’t have one installation executable that will install both the SCM v13.0.3 client and the v13.0.4 upgrade. What other customers have done is to create an installation “push package” or batch script that will execute all the needed steps to complete the upgrade.
For your package or installation script you’ll need:
To upgrade to SCM v13.03:
From the SCM v13.0.3 installation DVD image, the following folders:
- You will need to create a silent upgrade response file similar to the file named "DHUR021705.rkr" found in either the \upgrade_win32 or \upgrade_win64 folders. You will want to add the following options:
-scmagentport=nnnn <--- If your SCM Client machine has the SCM Agent installed you can supply the port number here
-acceptlicense=yes <--- Required to perform the upgrade
-restart=no <--- If you want to supress the automatic reboot after the upgrade is complete, add this line.
To apply the SCM v13.0.4 refresh pack on top of 13.0.3 you’ll need:
- The latest Visual C++ Redistributables for Visual C++ 2017 from Microsoft. Here’s where you can download these: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
- These refresh pack downloads from the support site Download Center:
Here’s where you can download these: https://support.broadcom.com/download-center/solution-detail.html?aparNo=SO08840&os=ANY
The upgrade folders are going to be much easier for getting SCM v13.0.3 installed because the uninstall command(s) for the previous component(s) can vary depending on the version of SCM and which component. Upgrade.exe takes care of all that for you and just upgrades any SCM components it finds.
For an example, if we are upgrading a computer that has SCM v12.6 full client and agent installed, the sequence of steps will be:
1. From the v13.0.3 DVD image run vcredist_x86.exe from the vcredist_x86 folder.
2. Assure that all SCM components are shut down. If the SCM Agent is installed, run “net stop "CA Harvest SCM Agent Service"” to stop the agent service.
3. If SCM software installed is 32-bit software, execute the Upgrade.exe from the upgrade_win32 folder. If 64-bit, then run Upgrade.exe from the upgrade_win64 folder.
4. From the Microsoft VC++ downloads execute VC_redist.x86.exe and VC_redist.x64.exe to install the 2017 redistributables
5. Identify which SCM components are installed and run the corresponding CAHarvestSCMV1304RefreeshPack.exe for each component.
6. If the SCM Agent is installed, restart the agent service with “net start "CA Harvest SCM Agent Service"”
Here is an example of what this might look like on a Windows 10 machine with SCM v12.6 full client and agent installed.
vcredist_x86.exe /install /quiet /norestart
net stop "CA Harvest SCM Agent Service"
Upgrade.exe -response=C:\Users\rootdev\DHUR021705.rkr -silent
VC_redist.x86.exe /install /quiet /norestart
VC_redist.x64.exe /install /quiet /norestart
CAHarvestSCMV1304RefreshPackClient.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=ReallySupress /l \"%CA_SCM_HOME%\log\CAHarvestSCMV1304RefreshPack_Client64.log\"
CAHarvestSCMV1304RefreshPackAgent.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=ReallySupress /l \"%CA_SCM_HOME%\log\CAHarvestSCMV1304RefreshPack_Agent64.log\"
I’ve still got a couple of dialogs popping up that I’m working with L2 to resolve, but other than that, a sequence like this works pretty well for a completely silent upgrade.