This article describes how to resolve an issue with installing the cabi bundled probe with MySQL DB.
The cabi.log file may display some of the following symptoms:
[main, cabi] (42) , CABI installer failed with exit code=1
[main, cabi] setting the lastInstallStatus=4
[main, cabi] successfully set the lastInstallStatus=4
[main, cabi] srcFilePath=/opt/nimsoft/probes/service/cabi/cabi.log, srcFilePath.exists=true, tgtFilePath=/opt/nimsoft/probes/service/cabi/cabi_install_archive.log, tgtFilePath.exists=false
 Controller: Probe 'cabi' (command = <startup java>) returns no-restart code (42)
[Thread-0, cabi] [exec] BUILD FAILED
[Thread-0, cabi] [exec] /opt/nimsoft/c/buildomatic/bin/db-common.xml:1233: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[Thread-0, cabi] [exec] /opt/nimsoft/c/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:312: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[Thread-0, cabi] [exec] /opt/nimsoft/c/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:196: Java returned: 255
[main, cabi] nimEx.getCode()=4, nimEx.getMsgForCode()=not found, nimEx.getMessage()=Received status (4) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd = 'probe_config_get' name = 'wasp'
[main, cabi] ignoring the message as the key might not net set; logging it for tracking later
[main, cabi] activating wasp...
[main, cabi] ... activated wasp [time taken=0 minute(s) 0 second(s) (2 ms)]
[main, cabi] java.lang.NullPointerException
- UIM version: 9.2.0
- Backend database version: MySQL Percona (MySQL 5.6)
- Primary hub robot: v9.20H15
- Primary hub probe: v9.20HF16
- data_engine probe: v9.20HF5
- CABI Robot version: v9.20HF15
- CABI Robot server O/S: RHEL Release 7.8
- CABI Robot server hardware: 8GB, 2CPUs, 80GB disk
- cabi probe version: 4.10
Please try the following steps:
(note: depending on where the cabi install failed some files/steps may not be required)
1. Stop the cabi and wasp (cabi wasp) probes on the Robot in question.
2. Go to cabi Robot and delete wasp probe from IM or Admin Console.
3. Delete the wasp directory: \Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp (cabi wasp)
4. Login to your database server, copy and execute the command/query attached to this KB to drop the JI tables (file name: drop_mySQL.txt).
5. Delete the cabi probe from IM or Admin Console
6. Delete the cabi and c folders from the cabi Robot:
7. Redeploy the cabi probe v4.10, deactivate it straight away and increase the java values (4GB max and 2GB init).
Open probe in Raw Configure -> startup -> opt:
- java_mem_max = -Xmx4096m
- java_mem_init = -Xms2048m
Apply the changes and start the cabi probe.
*Open the cabi probe log, monitor once the installation is complete for the following message: [UserSynchronizationThread, cabi] Finished synchronizing users between UIM and CABI*
8. Deploy the below packages to the Robot where cabi probe is running:
Note: Select the latest available packages from within the local Primary Hub archive and It does not install uim_cabi_availability by default
9. Deploy the ump_cabi package v4.10 to the Robot where UMP is running.
After a successful installation, you may face the below error launching the CA Business Intelligence Dashboards via the UMP:
"No dashboard found with path: /public/ca/uim/dashboards/common/uim_summary
Click Edit Dashboard button to create dashboard or click Options -> Preferences to update path"
Test the CABI Dashboards in both I.E and Chrome browsers. If the CABI Dashboards only fail in Chrome, follow the below KB:
* CABI Summary dashboard does not work in Chrome (UIM 9.20) - https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=186993
If the CABI Dashboards fail in both I.E and Chrome browsers, try the following steps:
a). Open the UMP wasp probe via raw configure and go to the setup section.
b). Add a new key called "cabi" and enter the cabi probe address as the value, example:
cabi = /domain_name/hub_name/robot_nam/cabi
c). Apply and save the changes, the UMP wasp will now restart.
d). Open the controller gui of the CABI robot -> status -> installed packages -> ensure the uim_core_dashboard package is available.
Note: If not wait for the UMP wasp to complete startup and then deploy the latest uim_core_dashboard package from the local archive to the CABI robot.
e). Clear browser cache from all time, relaunch the browser and test again.
NOTE: As per the CA Business Intelligence with UIM documentation, when installing cabi in a MySQL ensure the below steps are taken before Installation:
(MySQL Only) If you are using MySQL for your CA UIM database, change the following default settings for your MySQL database so that the CA Business Intelligence dashboard deployment is successful:
- Set max_allowed_packet=500M
- Set innodb_log_file_size=356M
- Set table_definition_cache=2000
Environment Requirements - https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/installing/ca-business-intelligence-with-ca-uim/installing-and-upgrading-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server-with-ca-uim/install-or-upgrade-for-a-bundled-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server.html