In order to simplify administration, the APM DataPower Monitor agent needs to be started/stopped as a service.
Currently, it is started/stopped via the script :
DataPower Release : 4.0
Component : APM Agents
Currently, there is no out-of-the-box configuration to handle the DataPower APM agent as a service.
However, these options can be considered:
- Use the Java Service Wrapper script. This is the wrapper used by the APM Infrastructure Agent:
the APMIAgent.bat can be used as an example:
- Use the command ProcRun service application, Prunsrv, from the Apache Commons:
- Set the batch file up as a Scheduled Task that is scheduled to run at startup
- Use any of the free utilities to convert a batch file to a service
- Use the PowerShell command "sc create"