Can OpenShift Extension Monitor applications developed using Python and Angular language?
Article ID: 193563
CA Application Performance Management Agent (APM / Wily / Introscope)
CA Application Performance Management (APM / Wily / Introscope)
DX Application Performance Management
Regarding OpenShift monitoring. Apart from Java and .Net applications, can we monitor the applications developed using the Python and Angular languages?
We can monitor OpenShift with OpenShift Monitor (APM IA + OpenShift extension) either from docker hub or SaaS.
Release : 10.7.0
Component : APM Agents
- We can monitor OpenShift with OpenShift monitor (APM IA + Openshift extension) either from Docker hub or SaaS.
- We can monitor Python running directly on a server or inside a container/pod. For containers the python probe has to be built into the image. And it needs an APM IA to connect to.
- APM IA can be running in a “central” pod (daemonset: one per node).
- APM IA running in a side-car container with each pod. More resource-intensive, but more fail-safe.
- APM IA can be running off OpenShift on a separate server.
- Angular is browser-side Java script. It can be server by anything speaking http/s, e.g. Tomcat, Node.js, Python. We can inject browser agent into Angular but only manual injection is supported