- Microsoft Windows environments only: If you are applying this hotfix on a new VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.9.0 instance where the configurations were imported from another VIP Enterprise Gateway instance, reset VIP Health Check from the VIP EG console. Do this by editing the Health Check settings, then clicking Save without making any changes.
- Download VIPEG_9_9_0_1_Hotfix.zip from the Download Files section of VIP Manager (Enterprise Gateway > 9.9). (Note: It may be necessary to update your security software to the latest version to prevent false-positive results of the files.)
- Unzip and extract the contents to a temporary location (for example, C:\temp\).
- Stop all Symantec VIP services, including the VIP Enterprise Gateway service.
- Create a backup of the following files.
<VRSN_MAUTH_HOME>\Validation\bin\VSValidationServer.exe (required for the Automatic Business Continuity fix on Windows environments only)
- Delete jetty-0.0.0.0-8232-vipconsole.war-_vipegconsole-any- from the <VRSN_MAUTH_HOME>\server\work directory.
- Delete jetty-0.0.0.0-8233-sspwebapp-_myvip-any- and jetty-0.0.0.0-8233-sspwebpp-_vipssp-any- from <VRSN_MAUTH_HOME>\IDP\services\SSP.
- From the temporary directory created in step #2:
Copy VSValidationServer.exe to the <VRSN_MAUTH_HOME>\Validation\bin directory (required for the Automatic Business Continuity fix on Windows environments only).
Copy vipconsole.war to the <VRSN_MAUTH_HOME>\server\webapps directory.
Copy engine.jar to the <VRSN_MAUTH_HOME>\server\ext directory.
- Open the Windows Services console. Change the startup type of all VIP Validation servers from Automatic(Delayed Start) to Automatic (Note: Not applicable to Linux platforms)
- Restart the VIP Enterprise Gateway service.
- Log in to the VIP Configuration Console and restart all required components.
If you encounter any issues after installing this hotfix, use the following steps to revert the changes:
- Log in to the VIP Enterprise Gateway server machine.
- Navigate to the location where you backed up the VIP Enterprise Gateway files during the installation of the hotfix.
- Copy the backed-up files to their original location on the VIP Enterprise Gateway server machine.
- Restart all VIP services.