SystemEDGE stops responding to SNMP requests after pushing a new VAIM policy that includes extension monitors
Article ID: 192394
CA Systems Performance for IM (SystemEdge)
The SystemEDGE agent stops responding to SNMP requests after pushing a new VAIM policy with extension monitors.
Invalid\problematic extension scripts are causing the agent to hang during policy validation.
Release : 12.9
Component : VPM GENERAL
- When a policy is deployed to a SystemEDGE host from VAIM the sysedge.cf file is delivered to the port#/temp directory.
- Once the the sysedge.cf file is validated it will be moved into the port# folder.
- During the validation process SystemEDGE will attempt to run all extension scripts included in the configuration to make sure they returning the expected result.
- Enabling debug on the SystemEDGE host you can see what monitor the agent validation is hanging on and take the appropriate corrective action.
To enable SystemEDGE Debug:
1. Stop Agent
2. Navigate to /opt/CA/SystemEDGE/config/port# folder
3. Edit sysedge.cf and make the following change:
4. Start Agent