ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Missing Metrics on Probes after changing hostname


Article ID: 192354


Updated On:


NIMSOFT PROBES DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)



After deploying a probe, we noticed metrics coming in under the wrong hostname in UMP. We changed the hostname attribute in the  probe cfg file,then restarted the robot. Now, the wrong hostnames aren't showing up in the inventory, but no metrics are coming in for the robot.Was something missed? How can we ensure metrics are coming in and under the correct hostname?


Release : 9.2.0



- deactivate discovery_server
 - on each robot that has this issue, navigate to that robot in either IM or Admin Console.
 - highlight the 'controller' probe.
 - in IM press CTRL+P for the probe utility, or in AC click the ... menu and bring up Probe Utility In New Window
 - in IM you will need to click the "gears" icon and click "enable expert mode" - in AC you won't need to do this step.
 - now run the callback:  _reset_device_id_and_restart
 - after you have run this callback on each robot with sybase missing metrics, activate discovery_server
 - open the hub GUI and check the discovery_server's queue - it will probably be a little backed up at this point.
 - Once that queue clears, check the result in UMP.