Steps to add a new range.
(1) Run PROC CATVMFV and correct all errors.
(2) Execute CATVMFID to obtain the current volume ranges.
(3) Update TLMSIDCK in the CTAPOPT with new ranges
(4) Stop all tape processing on all LPARS. Bring down CTS.
(5) Run PROC CATVMFB to backup the VMF.
(6) Run PROC CATVMFRS to restore the VMF. This will add the changes.
(7) Run PROC CATVMFXO to rebuild the index.
(8) Start CTS and verify you can see the new volume range within TLMS via TLMSIPF.
You can back up the VMF in CATVMFB to disk if you like.