I had to re-install UMP in our dev environment and now our home page looks slightly different

book

Article ID: 191797

calendar_today

Updated On:

Products

NIMSOFT PROBES DX Infrastructure Management

Issue/Introduction

I had to re-install UMP in our dev environment and now our home page looks slightly different. I think it is using Liferay. I will upload screen shot of before and after.

Cause

- corrupted installation/tables

Environment

Release : 20.1

Component : UIM - UMP

Resolution

Deactivated wasp.

Dropped the Liferay tables.
https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/38215/ 

But that was not sufficient to resolve the look and feel 'anomalies' - for example, (black banner for Pages, "Powered by Liferay" link, and black banner for the logged in user, e.g., Administrator)






UIM administrator accidentally installed (upgraded UMP) on the Primary hub but chose the Primary Robot by accident, then on the UMP Robot when it seemed the pages didn't look right, then perhaps on the Primary robot again by accident. Bottom line is that all of the ump packages were still present on the Primary Hub robot.



We then ran the UMP Uninstall:

Windows

-To uninstall UMP in a Windows environment, follow the steps in this procedure.
- Follow these steps:
- Go to \UMP (the default installation directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\UMP).
- Run the Uninstall_UMP executable file.
- Follow the prompts and confirm the uninstall.
- You can also uninstall UMP using the Windows Control Panel:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall or change a program.
- Select UMP from the list of programs to uninstall

Reference link: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/20-1/installing/install-unified-management-portal-ump/uninstall-ump.html 

But unfortunately, the 20.1 uninstall left behind the ump and ump_relationshipviewer packages, so we used the controller probe utility (inst_pkg_remove) on the Primary to manually remove those 2 packages.

Then ran the UMP installer again on the Primary, chose the correct UMP robot, (NOT on the Primary), then the installation was finally fully repaired.

Attachments