Cancel Recursive at Top Workflow without Cancel Permission breaks Workflow Execution
Article ID: 191118
CA Automic Workload Automation - Automation Engine
When a user without "Cancel" permission (authorization “C” not granted) applied “Cancel Recursive” at a Top Level Workflow, the Workflow execution breaks.
Steps to reproduce:
- Login as a user who has the "Cancel" permission not set
- Run a Workfow with nested workflows in it
- Apply “Cancel (recursive)” action at the Top Workflow
- The user gets the message “'<Workflow name>': Access denied” => This is expected
- Observer all waiting Tasks in the Workflow (and in all child Workflows) get the flag “Canceling A“ => These Tasks will now be stuck in “Waiting for predecessor”.
Automic Workload Automation 12.3.2 and earlier
Automic Workload Automation 12.2.5 and earlier
Automic Workload Automation 12.1.8 and earlier
This has been confirmed to be a Bug and will be fixed with the following releases:
Automic Workload Automation 12.3.3 - available
Automic Workload Automation 12.2.6
Automic Workload Automation 12.1.9
currently there's no known Workaround.