To create a label field on a form using Web Screen Painter, insert a "dtlShowtext" control by right-clicking on a control that exists in the Design tab for a form, selecting the arrangement (after or before), and then setting the properties for the new control.
The detailed steps are as follows:
- Open your form in WSP and click on the Design tab.
- Right-click on an object, near to where you want to add the label.
- Click on "Insert Control...". A "Insert Control on Form xxxx.htmpl" pop-up should display the list of controls.
- Click on "dtlShowtext" to highlight it.
- Click on either "Insert Before" or "Insert After", depending on where you want the text to show up on the form.
- Right-click on the new control (it should be outlined with tiny square boxes.
- Click on "Properties". A "Properties - dtlShowtext" pop-up window should display a list of "Arguments".
- Click in the right column next to the "Value" field that is in the left column, enter your text and then click on the "x" in the upper right side corner of the pop-up to close the pop-up.
- To save and/or publish the changes, click on the "Source" tab for the form so that the backend code appears in the foreground. Select Save from the File menu, and then select Publish from the File menu.