search cancel

no results on Explore and Correlate for SAP R3 accounts

book

Article ID: 190497

calendar_today

Updated On:

Products

CA Identity Manager CA Identity Governance CA Identity Portal CA Identity Suite

Issue/Introduction

Customer received 0 results when exlore and correlating a SAP R3 endpoint (SAP ERP 6.06 on Netweaver 7.31 SPS12) on Win 2008. The connector explores the SAP Roles and Profiles but it finds 0 Accounts. Trying different connector servers didn't help. The following was seen in SAP R3 log file. etatrans logs had no errors:

 

2015-06-08 16:35:51,081 4417782 [ApacheDS Worker-thread-91] SAP_R3_TRANS_DW3 (SAPAttributeStyleOpProcessor.java:189) DEBUG - [email protected] - Calling doSearch(): searching objects of class account

2015-06-08 16:35:51,081 4417782 [ApacheDS Worker-thread-91] SAP_R3_TRANS_DW3 (SAPAccount.java:514) DEBUG - Searching SAP Accounts

2015-06-08 16:35:51,830 4418531 [ApacheDS Worker-thread-91] SAP_R3_TRANS_DW3 (SAPFunctionUtils.java:245) ERROR - BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET - ERROR : No help values found

2015-06-08 16:35:51,830 4418531 [ApacheDS Worker-thread-91] SAP_R3_TRANS_DW3 (MetaConnector.java:4980) DEBUG - Skip connector search where virtual container 'eTSAPAccountContainer' is involved.

Environment

Release : 14.x

Component : IdentityMinder(Identity Manager)

Resolution

This is a SAP known (and fixed issue). See SAP Note: 2007861

http://solveissue.com/note?id=2007861

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/2007861 (requires SAP username/password).

Additional Information

What happens is that our code is calling the ..

 

"BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET" function with paramaters of:

OBJTYPE="USER"

OBJNAME=""

METHOD="GETDETAIL"

PARAMETER="USERNAME"

FIELD=""

MAX_OF_ROWS=0

DESCRIPTIONONLY=" "

 

 

And with structure of:

SHLPNAME="USER_ADDR"

SHLPTYPE="SH"

 


And then getting the following tables:

DESCRIPTION_FOR_HELPVALUES

HELPVALUES
 


To troubleshoot the issue, we directed the customer to reproduce from the SAP GUI without involving CA products. What we did with our other customer to test this was:

After analyzing the BAPI call (BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET), we found how MAX_OF_ROWS=0 is handled:

In the system where it is working, the 0 is treated as unlimited records and on SCM landscape where it is not working, the 0 is literally treated as 0. When we changed it to another number it did return the results."