UIM - Controller: Max. restarts reached for probe 'snmpcollector'
Article ID: 190276
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
After deploying SNMPcollector on a secondary hub the probe does not start and logs:
May 6 08:57:20:968  Controller: Max. restarts reached for probe 'snmpcollector' (command = <startup java>)
Deleting and redeplying the probe from scratch doesn't resolve the issue.
Release : UIM 9.x / 20.x
Component : SNMPCollector
Different possible causes
1. Check probe compatibility.
Is the probe running on a supported OS?
2. If the probe is running on a supported system follow the below steps:
- Delete the probe completely
- Using the Admin Console, deploy to the target hub the latest java_jre from the primary archive
- Using the Admin Console redeploy the snmpcollector probe to the target hub