Release : Any
Component : Spectrum Core / SpectroSERVER
Use the following to look for non-ascii characters and correct:
1. Run the Modeling Gateway export
a. Log into the SpectroSERVER system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
b. If on Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
c. cd to the $SPECROOT/SS-Tools directory and enter the following command where <VNM> is the hostname of the SpectroSERVER system:
./modelinggateway -vnm <VNM> -e MG_Export
2. Review the MG_Export.xml file for any non-ascii characters.
NOTE: A couple of non-ascii characters known to cause this issue are "ñ" and "ö"
If you are not sure, you can use the regular expression "[^\x00-\x7F]+" to look for non-ascii characters in the MG_Export.xml file.
1. Go to https://regex101.com/
2. Enter [^\x00-\x7F]+ in the REGULAR EXPRESSION field
3. Enter your text string from the MG_Export.xml file in the "TEST STRING" field
4. Matches will be displayed in the MATCH INFORMATION field