Xflow chat is not working as the chat text bar gets grayed out between assignee and enduser.
Article ID: 188653
CA Service Management - Service Desk Manager
Xflow chat is not working as the chat text bar gets grayed out between assignee and enduser. The user cannot see the chat message or could reply back.
- Create a ticket with “ServiceDesk” as affected end user and “Administrator” as Assignee.
- Login to xflow as ServiceDesk and also in another browser as Administrator.
- Initiate chat in xflow as below:
- In the chat window enter appropriate text and start the conversation.
- The other user logged in will get notification about the chat conversation.
- Once he accepts and tries to reply he cannot see the chat message received clearly nor can reply back as his chat window is grayed out.
Release : 17.2/17.3
Component : XFLOW INTERFACE FOR SDM
This is the limitation and not a bug in the product.
We are doing chat between an analyst (in xFlow Analyst UI) against another Analyst (who is logged into xFlow Analyst UI) who is a customer on a case.
Chat between Analyst and Customer is allowed when the customer is in Service Point interface only.
Chat between Analyst and Analyst can be done via ticket detail screen via Command Bar.
Hence the behavior is by design.
Another defect “DE52370” was resolved earlier but it was between assignee and another suggested expert.